- The automotive tensioner is designed to create a tension or to apply force on the engine belt. The application of force on an engine belt may be parallel to the tension in the belt in case of hydraulic tensioner or may be perpendicular in case of spring loaded chain drive tensioner.
- Automotive tensioner has been widely adopted for automobile engines since the 1980s in order to reduce the noise generated by the timing belts that are used to drive the camshafts. Moreover, the automotive tensioner is adopted to improve the durability of the belt that is used to drive the camshaft. In 1986, the first automotive tensioner was used by The Ford Motor Company in their Mercury Sable vehicle.
Key Drivers of Global Automotive Tensioner Market
- Rise in demand for light weight vehicles across the globe, in order to increase fuel-efficiency of the vehicle, is estimated to boost the automotive tensioner market. Increase in production and sale of passenger vehicles across the globe is likely to fuel the demand for automotive tensioner significantly, which in turn is projected to drive the automotive tensioner market across the globe.
- Increase in concern about global warming and other environmental issues and the development of technologies to reduce fuel consumption are expected to boost the demand for lighter and more compact automotive tensioners. Various countries have enacted rules and regulations to reduce fuel consumption and emissions. Consequently, various vehicle manufacturers have been developing low fuel consumption technologies that would help reduce CO2 emissions and create the ways to save energy. This, in turn, is likely to boost the automotive tensioner market across the globe.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Tensioner Market, Request for a Sample
Asia Pacific and Europe to hold prominent share of automotive tensioner market
- Asia Pacific is projected to account for a significant share of the global automotive tensioner market due to an increase in vehicle production and sale across the region. Stringent rules and regulations enacted regarding emission norms in countries including India, China, and South Korea are estimated to propel the automotive tensioner market in Asia Pacific.
- Followed by Asia Pacific, Europe is projected to hold a major share of the global automotive tensioner market due to the considerable presence of automotive industries and enactment of stringent rules about vehicle emission norms in the region. Europe is also home to major original equipment manufacturers as well as Tier-1 suppliers, including Continental AG and Muhr und Bender KG who are leading key players with major research and development facilities for automotive tensioner. This, is turn, is likely to propel the automotive tensioner market in Europe.
Read Latest Industry Press [email protected] https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/digital-asset-management-market-to-garner-remarkable-15-6-cagr-till-2025–thanks-to-growing-demand-for-cloud-services—tmr-300838227.html
Key Players Operating in Global Automotive Tensioner Market
The global automotive tensioner market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global automotive tensioner market are:
- Continental AG
- ABA Automotive
- ALT America Inc.
- C R Products Ltd
- Litens Automotive Group
- GMB Corporation
- Dayco Products LLC
- NTN Corporation
- Gates Corporation